Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Instant Rails 2.0

Instant Rails 2.0 was recently released.
It contains the following major changes:

  • Upgrades Ruby to version 1.8.6 Patch Level 111
  • Upgrades Rails to 2.0.2
  • Upgrades Mongrel to 1.1.2
  • Upgrades RubyGems to 1.0.1
  • Upgrades Rake to 0.8.1
  • Upgraded Cookbook app to support Rails 2.0.2
  • Added SQLite3 Support
  • Added Capistrano 2.1.0
You can download Instant Rails here and read the complete release notes here.
I have not tried it yet, but will probably do so soon.

2 comments:

Lenart said...

I used Instant Rails for Rails development but have switched to cygwin (manual installation).

The reason I did that is because I read about e-Texteditor (which is great btw) and about how you can set it up to work in a similar way that MAC's Textmate.

There are also other great things cygwin offers and it's good because you get used working from shell and can apply this knowledge when using SSH access to your public (hosting) account.

This is the tutorial I've followed and I don't regret switching from InstantRails at all - though it's a great package to start with.

http://garbageburrito.com/blog/entry/391/a-macesque-rails-development-environment-on-windows

A.S. said...

That's intereting, but I like InstantRails' unzip and use feature with no installs.
I may give it a shot in the future though.
Thanks.